Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New to Cambridge

Hello:

I just wanted to formally introduce myself to the group... my name is Christian and I'm a Brit who has been living out in Virginia (USA) for the last 10 years but find myself back in the UK (chasing a girl). Anyway, I have a serious passion for all things bikes and specifically mountain biking and while I understand that I now live in possibly the flattest part of the country I would love to get out and join you all on a night ride. My shipping container has arrived, the bike is assembled, I have no more excuses! I should also mention I have been building custom bikes for several years and am happy to pitch in with any bike maintenance/build concerns (to the best of my ability). So let me know when/where and I will do my best to charge the lights and get over there.

Cheers,

Christian

Re: New to Cambridge

Hi Christian & welcome.
The runs list, times, meeting place is above.... but for some reason Thursday seems to no longer be Cottenham. I'm sure a destination will spout from Pastey's brain in the next few hours!?! (mind you weather for tomo eve looks pretty crap)
The Blue Lion next Tuesday is a nice destination & I'm sure will be attended by a few of us.

Hello! You can help fix my bikes any time.

See you out soon! (not out tonight though)

I suspect tonight has been moved from Cottenham as Dom and Ali can't make it, and they are the only people who actually really want to go to Cottenham (except maybe Pasty)

Hi,

Yes, tonight's ride to Cottenham was going to be lead by Dom and Alison and they now cannot make it, so we will rearrange.

PT

Thanks for the replies... after a crazy amount of rain I decided to skip on last night but will make every effort to come out Tuesday at the Blue Lion. Looking forward to meeting some of you and to exploring the countryside.

Cheers,

Christian