Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Train out - bike back #1 (Ely to Milton?)

As I suggested the train out to Ely, then bike back to Milton, I've planned a route from Ely, but was thinking of biking back to Horningsea, as this would be nearer to Waterbeach station for anyone who wishes to park their car at the pub.

Here are the trains from Cambridge to Ely
19:01 - 19:14
19:10 - 19:24
19:19 - 19:35

The train departs Waterbeach at 19:25 and arrives at Ely 19:35

Anyone up for it

Re: Train out - bike back #1 (Ely to Milton?)

only if we can have good weather, can you book that?

Should be out Jon, provided I can find a station. Dom, any suggestions of a route to the station?

You'll be fine Tony, Dom has them all in his GPS.

Hi Jon,
All been well will be out & looking forward to the sizzling weather you have booked us.

Sorry Jon,
I still have a huge amount of work to get done over the next two days so I'm afraid i'll have to let you down.... hope it goes well, if it's a low turn out we can try again on a Tuesday later in the summer

Sorry Jon, the beer festival has me in its clutches this week. Hope it's a good ride.

Richard

The plan tonight, is to meet in the Ely station car park at 19:40, I planning to get there for 19:15. Could be muddy, as we had a few heavy showers tonight.

still in north lincs so may not make it. We'll see.....

Sorry - I can't join you tonight due to family emergency. My fatherinlaw was admitted to Addenbrookes so that's our priority at the mo.
Cheers
Tom

Hope your father in law is ok Tom...

Did anyone make it? SOrry I am still a bit ill! WE could reschedule for another time?

Hope your father in law a speedy recovery Tom

We had three riders out last night, and apart from a little shower, it was a nice evening.

Thanks Richard for Quy Woods part

Happy to do it again