Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Let the ridicule commence

After a ride through Harlton woods a couple of weeks back, I noticed it was still difficult to get around that first large fallen tree root, due to the hole in the ground.
Well as a result I have now added this to the ballast in my back pack.
The observant will have noticed the compass in the handle in case I lose my way, handy on those night rides, and the bottle opener.
Que Pasty for comment

Re: Let the ridicule commence

I particularly like the concept of a dibble tool. Is there any connection to Officer Dibble?

Dom

You've been stitched up, I got mine for £2.47 Inc Vat.

Soon your bike will look like one of these...

http://www.culturecycles.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/moots-imba-bike-1024x685.jpg

http://www.neatorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/chainsaw1-500x409.jpg

you would not want an over the bars moment with that second bike!!!!

Pat,

Better be careful how you pack as you wouldn't want this to chip the Belfast sink that you have in your Camelbak.

I'm disappointed that you don't pack a bag of hardcore to fill in those holes in the trail, but I suppose you could just scrape the mud off your bike for that purpose.

The compass could come in handy for tunnelling, I thought.

PT