Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ancient Shepherds, Fen Ditton

Anyone out tonight, the weather should be great.

Re: Ancient Shepherds, Fen Ditton

Yes!

Would it be alright for a new guy and his mate to turn up tonight?
Sean, Ivars

Me, Sean I came with you in December when we went to trumpington. We got shouted at b that farmer! Less muddy I'm hoping I can keep up!

Hi Jon,

Yes - I'll be out. Got to think of a route to the pub too.

PT

How about this for a route?

Roman Road - Fulbourn - Gt Wilbraham - Quy Waters* - Anglesey Abbey + Woods - Old Railway Line - Over A14 at Honey Hill - Fen Ditton

* When we get to Quy Mill, according to the OS map, there is a footpath that runs from Mill to village, shall we try and find it, then ride it?

Looks like you're leading it, Jon!

I'm planning to be out.

Last time I was on a Shepherds run, the pub shut early through lack of custom. So could we try and get there for about 9:30 latest?

Just a thought......

I'll be out.

I will also be out.

Richard

Yep, count me in

Bad news folks, the pub shuts 10 to 10.30. We need to change the pub, Horningsea?

...or down to The Plough by the river in Fen Ditton? Lots of outside seating.

Richard

Yes Sean and friend please come out! Plough in fen cotton sounds OK!