Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Got your climbing legs for Tuesday?

The pub for Tuesday will be The Royal Oak in Barrington (sorry, I know I was talking about finishing in Harlton, but I changed my mind... and with Barrington you get a bonus Chapel Hill on the way home!)

The profile will look something like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/TheMikrobe/biking/camhillsprofile_zps599524db.jpg

Re: Got your climbing legs for Tuesday?

Where are you going to find all those bumps Mike?

mmmmmm the first section looks like my stonach, moobs & then head.
.......... can't see this becoming competetive (Australasian, only one who know's the route, probably been carbo loading for 6 weeks whilst perfecting his butch Cadel Evans impression

P.S. It's white hill, which during the 15-17c was a very important chapel which received pilgrims from as far as France (Lourdes) to pray at the chapel of our lady (Mary) of white hill on their way to Walsingham (not as in Matilda) were on the Haslingfield side & Baaarrrringun hill on the Better side where, people in the early 1980's use to go on pilgrimage to the cement works and complain about the unidentified white shit coming out of the chimney and landing everywhere). It's obvious Baaarrrrringun is a better place... have you been in the Little Rose?....exactly!

It's one of those tumble weed days then....
Long as I get finished at work in time I'll be out for an undulating non-competetive bimble

I'm planning on riding the hills of Cambridgeshire tonight...

Hope to be out

Well done Mike, Good ride
thanks