Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blue Lion tonight

Anyone inspired by the local cycling event, as Waitrose put it, that took place yesterday and fancy a pootle to Hardwick this evening?

Re: Blue Lion tonight

I'm planning on riding assuming the weather behaves.

What a fantastic event yesterday. Once I'd escaped the city, me and my bike camped outside Great Shelford to see the race come past. Unforgettable and good weather to boot.

PT

Planning to ride, and hoping for fewer punctures than I got riding to Great Chesterford and back on my cross bike yesterday!

Should be out☺

OK, I'm still soaking from riding home and the rain appears to be getting heavier so I shall not be out this evening. See you all Thursday.

Wanders off to meditate over rule #5...

After weather related issues in Comberton and Cherry Hinton, Paul and I have both decided to bail out from this evenings ride. See you Thursday!

Delayed at work, now delayed at home with mechanical issues, so I also won't be riding... (the rain has nothing to do with it!)

Dear Diary,

Drove past at 7:27 - no one there. Couldn't find parking space.
Drive past again at 7:30 - a mountain biker is there! But I can't communicate with him as I am in my car and he is by the bench, looking around and cursing.
Arrived at bench at 7:35 after parking - I am on my own again. When will my torture end?

BNM

I imagine said person vacated the leafy area scared of been shot or seeing two heads... big and then little pastey bobbing away at the bottom of the window you could probably hear him mumble, "oh dear, must be in the wrong part of town"

P.S. R U out Thursday?

PPS I always find it easier to say "I've been out riding with my best friend" than the rather telling 'Billy no mates'

Come on Mike, you can tell us... you don't always have to show your big strong, muscular sheep droving side!!

Not out Thursday - picking my son up from his week away!