Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thursday....where to??

Please,(well not quite that far, but) Someone...Somewhere.... suggest something.....(easy)
Okay.
We are dwindling, everyone has gone chasing Bradley & Froome... are we stronger than this...does anyone give a toss, starting to look like the beginning of the end?!?
Prove me wrong (a favorite pastime of the current Mrs cook)
As one great cyclist said..."I am loosing my mood" & "Saturday morning television"....what's that?"
SO, What are we doing wrong?
I'm really distraught with the fact it's quite often sunny & we are not all out there promoting what we love... modern living, no!!!!, kin bikin'....OR....really.... Can we be arsed?

So, Thursday, what about....... The Green man, Grannychester?

Re: Thursday....where to??

Unfortunately at the moment I can't ride on Thursdays unless it's raining, which seems to put off other people!

How about a summer epic? Weather looks promising. Little Walden or Horseheath and back somewhere...? (sciatica permitting!)

Bartlow or bust, the original two stopper?

I'm certainly up for Thurs this week, but i'm not sure about Bartlow :-)