Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Waterbeach tonight?

Anyone planning to ride tonight?

And anyone got an opinion on which pub to go to? I don't really know the Waterbeach pubs, but I hear The Sun has a pretty good reputation - happy with any other suggestion, though

Re: Waterbeach tonight?

Hi,

Just spotted the group and was planning to come along tonight for the first time if people are heading out for a ride?

Cheers,

Ben

I'm hoping to be out, though I'm not looking forward to the ride back from Waterbeach.

Hi Mike. Was hoping to join again this week but stuck at work. Have a good ride.

Hi Ben,

Cool, come along. There hasn't been a resounding response yet, but it looks like there will be some of us at least.

I'm sure there'll be some 'stealth riders', i.e. guys who don't post and just show up.

Which is better than guys who don't post and don't show up.

(Now I hope I'm not a guy who posts and DOESN'T show up!)

Hi guys,
I should be out tonight, but not sure if I will be going to waterbeach or harlton woods.
I have a new saw ( number 3 now) and a tree with its name on it.
I want to finish clearing the track before next Thursday when we end up at Harlton, and it would be good to have the whole trail open again.

Pat

I'm out tonight - we went to the Jolly Brewers the last couple of times in Waterbeach.

Currently a bit wet but forecast is for it to clear up.

PT

I think I'm going to be a no-show tonight afterall, due to the rain; don't wait for me.

So instead of Waterbeach we helped Pat clear out the last fallen tree in Harlton woods, and then did a loop of Wimpole and ended in the Hare and Hounds (which has been getting a lot of custom from us this summer).

After the rain it was a really lovely evening, and Wimpole valley was full of mist: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/TheMikrobe/biking/2014-07-31211421_zps50cbddd6.jpg