Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saturday morning ride

Anyone interested in a local ride on Saturday morning? I'm planning to go out if anyone wants to join me

I'm thinking of starting about 10 o'clock, but happy to change the time if it suits others better

Re: Saturday morning ride

unfortunately I can't make it, maybe next weekend

MikeT
Anyone interested in a local ride on Saturday morning? I'm planning to go out if anyone wants to join me

I'm thinking of starting about 10 o'clock, but happy to change the time if it suits others better

Hi Mike

I'm going to ride, but probably earlier - more like 0800-0830. Does this work for you? I would have taken the road bike, but happy to go CX

email is: bradleypmorris at gmail dot com

I'm thinking of going as well, can do either 8:30 or 10:00. What distance/time were you thinking of doing?

I have to do a long-ish ride to make sure I don't keel over on race day between London and Brighton on 20 September...

(People who have done the road ride say "it's not a race". But then, they always say that.)

I can probably drag myself out of bed for 8.30, so how about that time at Brookside?

I want to do between 40 and 50 miles, but I'm happy to do two short loops if you want to leave halfway through

I'll hang on for 40 - 50 miles, if I can. Just let me know if I hold you back -- I can usually find my own way. :-)

See you guys there.

Not sure I have the time for a ride quite that long, but we can work it out tomorrow.

I presume we aren't riding roadies.

I am up for a ride but don't want to be out for ages. I only have a road bike and mtb so none of this CX nonsense. So if I come will bring MTB.

Tonight isn't looking too good for sleeping, so might not make it this morning. Please don't wait if I'm not there.

In other news, my new mtb is en route from Ireland.

Please wait, on my way!

Thanks Mike. Top route.