Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thursday Thetford

Evening all

Not been out for weeks ! Anyone up for Thetford tomorrow then ? Oscar and I are going (Claire, I promise I will keep away from your wheels this time and I still owe you several pints)

Re: Thursday Thetford

I'm intending to ride at Thetford this evening, looks like it should be a nice night for it.

!!! TUESDAY Thetford

Yes, I'm up for it.
Senile Surfer seems to have his days muddled. Perhaps the old people's home served jam roly poly on Monday instead of Wednesday and it confused him.

8 o'clock sharp.

I'm up for a thetford ride.

Me, too, chris do you want a lift?

be warned Chris, you may get there in one piece but Claire has a habit of only bringing 50% of wheels back...

Lift share would be good Claire. What time?

tempted - but let me see what's going on when I get home later.

Norman

Re: !!! TUESDAY Thetford

Bloody hell .... sorry all I am definitely two waves short of a surfboard

Alison and I will be there on Thursday. Will there be anyone there to give us tea? What time is it? Where are we going? Oops, I seem to have dribbled a bit. Bowesy, where's that DribbleStop when I need it?

Nurse! Nurse!

Or to put it another way, see you later...
Dom

Perfect night at Thetford, and a great turnout.
Full moon, dry trails, swoopy singletrack and deer.

Thanks all!

See you soon.

MT