Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bravenet Fees

Hi All,

Our forum renewal is coming up - current year expires on 11th October. Fees to renew have gone up A LOT and are now US$99 for the year (roughly £60, compared to last year at £25 ish)

And this is with a special offer reduction from US$199!

Unless we want to decamp to another forum, I will go ahead and pay the fees and collect contributions - £3 or so each should cover it.

Please be generous, remember I still have the negatives...

Tom

Re: Bravenet Fees

I don't know how they can justify such high fees for what is a really basic message board. We could run our own site for much less (phpbb anybody). Another option would be something like google groups or even a facebook page.
I could also provide some hosting space on my website.
Chris

If you go to Facebook, I won't be joining you. That's one good reason to do it!

I'm happy to do whatever, as long as the chat doesn't ever get too serious.

The forum should really only be for abusing each other, and possibly discussing rides from time to time.

My 2p

MT

Hmmm, does seem rather steep.

However, I do think it's quite good to have an actual website (even though it's pretty out of date) rather than just a facebook page.

I don't mind where we go as long as anyone who wants to can find it.

Mark, I think Pasty was after three quid, not 2p

Phone boxes aren't that easy to break into, or even find these days, so it'll take a while to get that kind of cash together.