Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Granchester tonight?

so anyone planing on venturing out this evening then?

Re: Granchester tonight?

Bloody hell Pat we have just posted re tonight within one minute of each other yep I am out

great minds and all that

Grate minds more like....
Bike's ropey, weather looks sh1t, off work tomorrow. I'm out.

Grate minds indeed. Tony, did it ever occur to you that, with Pat's spelling prowess, he may not get the joke?

Anyway, I fully intend to think strongly about riding this evening and I will definitely prepare for it. But, if it really is p!$$ing down and blowing a gale at 7pm as forecast, I may have to think strongly about staying dry on a sofa.

Laters

PT

i don't get it
Grate Minds

Riding tonight, waiting for train. It's bloody freezing