Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hound those Hares !

No, i'm not advocating a return to the brutality of blood sports*, i'm just saying tha t i'll be out tonight.

Norman

* of course, if someone crashes and sustains a blood injury then this might well be true !

Re: Hound those Hares !

Pretty sure there not open on Tuesdays anymore, The Chequers in Orwell is very good! B

May well be out, although it depends on work.

The Hare and Hounds closes at 9 on Tuesdays so the plan was to go to the White Horse at Barton as we didn't manage to get there last week. Obviously we would not take a route that went past Norman's front door this week.

> route past my front door.

quite right !

I'm in the Highlands looking at badgers

See you tonight

TomR

Work has intervened so not out this evening.

Plenty of badgers on the m11 Eco, no need to go up North...

Back in one(ish) piece, thanks for the ride guys, was hard work but fun. See you on the nest one (if I recover)

If you can really make an effort, that 5th..ish ride will help you appreciate how much fun?!?, ....you have to suffer for a couple of weeks before it gets easier?!?
Wlcome aboard....next stop PLAIN SAILING.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

PERV

The above abuse was aimed at Eco & was suppose to appear below his listing.
oooooppps...again! Why does hindsight always come after an event?
Ah, gottit, Forethought!