Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Carpenters Arms, Gt. Wilbraham

Anyone fancy a pint at the Carpenters Arms tonight, I've been looking for a route on OS map and come up with the following,

Green Dragon bridge
Bates Bite Lock
Snout Corner
Anglesey Abbey woods
White Fen Lode
Swaffham Bulbeck
Great Wilbraham

Not 100% sure on all the foot paths, so don't shoot the messenger

So who fancy the above?

Re: The Carpenters Arms, Gt. Wilbraham

Yep I will be there. Have not go a clue where most of those places are Jon so I will just hand around the back of the pack tonight

not out tonight as I have work commitments (mostly wining and dining at Pembroke College!)

Weather looks great have a good evening.

Weather looks good, route looks good, pub looks good, I'm back from France a day early but...

I'm not out due to family commitments.

Have fun, should be out in a couple of weeks

hi Jon, the puncture is fixed, i will be out.
Paul, it is a ride out north......so flat. no need to bring the spare gears for hill climbing.

If you can cope with a slow one, I can assist with navigation

Richard