Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Blue Lion, Hardwick

Looking at the weather forecast tonight, does anyone fancy a damp ride to the Blue Lion???

Re: The Blue Lion, Hardwick

Yep, I'm planning to ride.

Time to get the mud tyres and the waterproofs out again??

PT

I'm planning on being out... I think...

Mud tyres are put away, Zesty appears to be operational again. I'm out. (must get cash...)

My Zesty still has the mud tyres fitted . Could this and the proximity of the Blue Lion wrest me from my lethargy. We shall see.......

not tonight, got another fe###n cold!!!

Oh go on then ......

Summer tyres now on, provided they stay up I'll see you there. Headwind so may be a tad late

Stuff it - I'm staying @ home.

Enjoy

As it's local ought to be out but it's wet, I've had two great sunny rides this week and I can't be ars##.

Hoping Saturday will be sunny.

Great to see everyone on Thursday night.....tip top!