Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Queens Head, Fowlmere

anyone up for a bimble tonight?

Re: Queens Head, Fowlmere

Not out tonight. Tuesday's bimble was very pleasant, the weather was good and the Walnut Tree in West Wratting was very accommodating. Just need to watch out for the undergrowth that suddenly appears to be very tall...

Have fun and see you next week.

Hi Pat,

Yes, I'm hoping to be out. I've fixed my slow puncture and, just to add to the debate regarding tubes, it was a latex tube and the thorn was protruding at least 10mm into it.

Since I first realised I had a slow puncture, I've ridden 65 miles on it without a problem. I just pumped the tyre up before each ride.

PT

yep!

Yep, hope to make it tonight.

I should be out too & Dom will see us at the pub.

Late post, sorry, busy day at work.

I'm hoping to still make it for the 19:30 start...