Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Youth MTB?

Hi All,

My family is moving to Cambridge over the summer and I am looking for a MTB club for us. My son is 14 and bikes 2x a week with our local club in Copenhagen - they have over 50 kids riding on 5 teams. Is there anything similar in Cambridge?

Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Bobby

Re: Youth MTB?

Hiya, I think Cambridge Cycle club now have a proper youth club. I doubt it is as big as you describe though.

They do mtb in Milton Country Park I think (this may not be very exciting, and may be for younger kids, I am not sure).

I know chippy Chris who used to ride with us is involved with it. I will ask his wife as I don't have his contact details.

But in the meantime you could try contacting Cambridge Cycle Club

Re: Youth MTB?

Hi Bobby,
I think most serious kids around here go to Ashwell Cycling club http://www.ccashwell.com/

There is also a race series in the East of England called Mud, sweat & gears.
http://www.mudsweatgears.co.uk/

Although MSG has taken a knock recently as most of the Thetford forest races are no longer going due to the organiser giving up.

Cambridge and area may not be mountainous, but we are well served with lots of good cross country routes, if you need any when you get her please let us know.