Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Histon Red Lion - BEER FESTIVAL

Red Lion Histon tonight for the beer festival.

I shall be riding into Cambridge from Over - can't say that I'll want to do a long ride to the pub afterwards.

Any takers? Should be relatively mild and definitely dry.

PT

Re: Histon Red Lion - BEER FESTIVAL

Yep!

i'm going to ride tonight.
see you later

I'm in, out, whatever.

It's been so long I've forgotten the correct terminology. Not sure we should accommodate Pasty's request for a short ride since he usually drives to and from the start whilst the rest of us pedal it. Man up PT!

Rude not to given it's down the road from me. I'll be out.

I'm hoping to be out (nowhere near Over, though).

I'm planning to be out tonight

Yep i will be there, gonna try a trail ride tonight and see how the shoulder holds up so see you all at 7.30

See you all this eve

TomR