Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Tickell Arms tonight (15.9.15)

Not going to make it tonight I am afraid, Shoulder is playing up again this week and I don't fancy getting it wet and cold (and the shoulder) Have a good one !!

Re: The Tickell Arms tonight (15.9.15)

Tickell Arms looks enticing...weather perhaps not so at the mo. anyone else planning to be out?

I will be

Reads post, looks up and out of window.....sod that,
See you Thursday.

I have reconsidered, based on weather conditions

It's warm rain I'll see who's there. Mike and me by the looks of it

Duncan
Reads post, looks up and out of window.....sod that,
See you Thursday.
well, here we are in a crowded Tickell, but before 9pm. Old school. And we got the order for the chips in too. No rain on the ride either. 😊 and its Mark, not Mike that's with me . Hearing test to booked tomorrow

Well Done,
Whoose the daddy for NOT bottling it?
ME........coat, hat.............door!
I remember when..............Huuuuuuuhhhhhh!
Can anyone promise min 22 degrees & no rain for Thursday??

(did get a bit of me boring W++k done though Customers....ppppffffff!!!)

As the legend of Lord Tickell betrouths....beware when I am attending to the native needs....Mind your Cock on me Aga!

Yes Claire...........I AM.

You're what? Ah yes, I know...talking bollocks.

Nothing new there then