Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hello peps

Hi it's been awhile been thinking of coming out for about a year. I've bought two new bikes so if I don't come out . Sarah Will kill me . When is the next short ride!.

Re: Hello peps

Hi, Chris

Welcome to the group.

We go out most Tuesday and Thursday nights, if it’s your first time I would recommend a Thursday as they tend to be a little slower. You need good lights, a helmet and to happy cycling though thick mud.

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Errol

Hi Fluffy Bonsi, been a while...Hope everyone is well?
Any night is a good night, Thursdays seem to be a little bit more sedate.

Busy today, will try to get out later but failing that, see you Thursday.

Woolly Chris!!!

I'm thinking of coming out tonight. You might just about keep up with me

What are the new bikes?