Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Early call for Thetford tomorrow

Morning Peeps,
Anyone up for Thetford tomorrow evening? The forecast looks good !!

I have space for a second bike on my rack if anyone doesn't have transport?

Cheers
Geordynige

Re: Early call for Thetford tomorrow

Yep I am coming, see you all there.

I am planning to travel to the aforementioned BCP and, upon arriving at said location, change transport mode from my motorised example to the full suspension two wheeled type and partake in the said activity.

Norman

Hi Paul & Norman,
Do either of you have a spare helmet light that I could borrow this evening?

I seem to have misplaced mine & won't have enough time tonight to have a proper look for it.

Cheers
GN

Unfortunatly, not. Sorry !

Not out to Thetford tonight. A bit Thetforded out, well mostly lack of been ar*ed to drive there.
Lovely weather, think I'll try a yocal ride?

No worries Mrs D has found mine. Youngest son posted it down the back of the sofa!!

Planning on riding this evening

So it looks like me, Norm & Paul S for Thetford tonight? Paul L are you Thetford or local? If Thetford would you like a lift? Planning on leaving at 7pm - text me as I will not be accessing cammtb forum again - 07881090631

I plan to make it to Thetford too with a lift with Paul S.