Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Website content

Time now to add some content to the website. If anyone would like to write a review of anything bike related they have just bought that would interest others we will add it to the "reviews section". Also if you have any pictures for the gallery please email all to webmaster@cammtb.co.uk.

Re: Website content

What about your bling lights!?

It would be nice to have a review of our trails as if I was a new coming to the area I would like to know what kind of riding we have on offer.

Geordynige - Bling lights review is on the website now

Trail routes would be a good idea, I will talk to Pasty Tom about that

I think reviews of things are great but showing routes is a def NO, an absolute NO. We use footpaths quite a lot and so posting these would be evidence that we do!! These routes would be used more, upset walkers/people more, cause more MTB style erosion, as access becomes more difficult due to wildlife reserves, areas etc those who oppose would be able to point the finger at us. Why would anyone then want to come riding with us when he/she can take their friends at the weekend in the day light.
As the creator of many of these routes we use over the last 25 years I am vermountly against publishing our routes. Any other area, if it's legal, fine, good long distance routes etc etc.
What is wrong with someone getting a map and exploring themselves, it's a much more rewarding way to discover great routes!

P.S.

Why has the part about saying hello to people been removed from the list of things to do?? It's something I always try to do (unless coehersed by a bunch of gobby teenage lads in a Corsa)
Are we not trying to promote our pastime?!? Plus it always makes you feel more relaxed about meeting others "Out on the trail"

I agree with Duncan regarding our routes and for exactly the same reasons. However, I think we could put other routes on there.

We could also put something more general on there about the sort of routes we do, e.g. "We don't have the mountains but we string together some great local trails when planning our routes."

PT

I was definitely meaning the TYPE of riding we do & NOT the actual routes just like PT said it would be good for a newbie to look on there and see the TYPE of riding we do. Bridle paths, single tracks, flowing single track through woods, summertime train out & ride back through hillier terrain, etc, etc. no specifics just letting any new rider know that the type of riding we do is well thought out & lots of fun :)