Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Petition for Cycle Bridge from The Abbey to Chesterton

Dear All

The cambridge Cycling Campaign are campaigning (well they would wouldn't they)for a cycle route through Cambridge, which includes a cycle bridge from the Abbey to Chesterton. The address below is the link to the petition for this bridge, which is necessary for the completion of the route, and has been objected to, hence the petition

http://tinyurl.com/ACBridge

I hope you will join me in signing the petition

Tom R

Re: Petition for Cycle Bridge from The Abbey to Chesterton

I have signed it and hope everyone else will too. These anti bridge NIMBYs get on my nerves. There is already a a railway bridge there FFS!

Re: Petition for Cycle Bridge from The Abbey to Chesterton

i'm totaly behind this.
it was proposed as a requirement for the new station in Chesterton.
to leave it out will put even more traffic on to the Green Dragon Bridge.....which coincidentaly seems to have some "proposed upgrades" in the offing, and if funding becomes available widening.......i smell a backup plan/ get out clause here.

sign, sign, sign!!!
Pat