Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Xmas dinner @ The Maypole on 17th Dec

Hi everyone,

The date has been agreed for our Xmas dinner (don't shoot the messenger) as Thursday 17th December, at The Maypole in Cambridge.

I will be paying the deposit to the pub shortly to confirm our booking. In the mean time, please follow this link to make your meal selections, all will be revealed!

Xmas dinner

Cheers,

Richard

Re: Xmas dinner @ The Maypole on 17th Dec

Are partners invited? I didn't get to last years so don't know what the form is these days.

Thanks very much for setting this up Richard.

Well done Richard, done mine :)

Sorry for the slow response Peter. Arrangements are the same as previous years, so partners not specifically invited. Having said that, I don't see any reason why not, so long as we're still within capacity limit for the room.

Anyone else any thoughts?

Richard

Fine by me. The more the merrier!

Just a reminder for those of you who haven't chosen your food for the Xmas dinner yet, the link is in my original post on this thread. Thanks to everyone who has already chosen.

Richard

could you post a list of those that HAVE chosen food (for those that can't remember if they have selected yet...like me)

if i have chosen i cant rember what i did choose. guess that will be a supprise.

pat

did mine - thanks for arranging

definitely ordered something. Can't remember what though. I'm sure Richard is the kind of bloke who is organised enough to note what everyone has ordered. If not, I'll probably take the lactose-free stuff that's floating about.

OK, so the following are confirmed as having made their dinner choices so far:

Adrian Wain
Alison
Andy Wiggett
Ben
Chris Miller
Dominic
Errol McMullen
JonM
Matt Watkins
Nigel
Pat
Paul Stafford
PeterF
Riaan
RichardS
Simon
TomL
TomR
TonyC

Sorry Bobby, but I don't see a completed survey from you I'm afraid, please can you do it again.

For anyone who has already forgotten what they ordered, (and I can't believe you even had to ask me about keeping a record!) I will keep it a surprise until the night of the dinner :0)

Must be more of you out there who still haven't ordered, PeterT?

Richard

Just added mine !

Will have a word with him ref Lactose free, so don't worry about xmas dinner

Ok, we have a date.
We have a location.
We have a menu.
We have the company of a load of other drinkers with a pork scratching habit.

Do we have a time?

Re: Xmas dinner @ The Maypole on 17th December

We will be eating at 8:15pm at The Maypole on Thursday night, so I suggest we aim for 7:30pm in the bar, or earlier for anyone who requires more pre-dinner lubrication!

Cheers

Richard

cheers Richard.
see you there

Thanks Richard! Great party!