Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Last orders for Xmas dinner - sticky please

This is your last chance to get your order in for Xmas dinner on 17th December at The Maypole in Cambridge. See my previous post on the subject for details and a link to place your order.

Only two weeks to go!

Richard

Re: Last orders for Xmas dinner - sticky please

So now, owing to the world's most incompetent husband getting the wrong date for his Xmas do (for FOUR MONTHS), I can now come to the Xmas do. Am I too late?

I may have to open that Doodle poll again....

I've got your order Claire.

Richard

Hi Richard,

What time is kick off? Or, to put it a more practical way, what time is the food scheduled to be served?

Thanks.

Pete

And just as importantly, how's the Kingston Taxi service this year :-)

Norman Evanson
And just as importantly, how's the Kingston Taxi service this year :-)

Hi Norm,

Its booked for 10:30pm . I am planning to get the bus in, arriving Drummer St 18:40 hrs - seems a bit early, but that is the last bus. Will you be on it?