Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Green Man Tonight

well i'm starting this to get things going as no one else has had the time yet.

Anyone out tonight?

Green Man Granchester, Cold, Dry, good beer and bar snacks.

Any takers?

i'm not going to make it as i'm suffering with Man Flu at the moment and recovery is slow.

a spinning class last night makes me think even leaving the house tonight would be folly.

enjoy

Re: Green Man Tonight

Pat, you big wuss!

I'll be out tonight to enjoy the cold, dry beer.

PT

Should be out - had a route in mind too that didn't involve the Roman Road and the new Shelford path...

You will hate it though.

and that response from the man with the biggest book of excuses on the planet!

i'm happy to come out and cough at you all, but you won't be thanking me next week as you are all hacking your lungs up, popping paracetamol like smarties and feeling like sh1t.

but if i'm wrong......

I'm planning to be out, note to self: put lights on charge....

Ok, going to try this again. Hope to see everyone.

Hi Cliff - post on the forum again nearer the 7.30 departure time if you're coming so we know to wait for you

Ok. Will be riding in from a few miles out, so will try if late.

Yep I will be coming but Parents Eve may make me miss the start, so If I am not there by 7.30 ish I will see you at the pub :)

Alison and I are also looking forward to the dry cold beer - and presumably the warm wet weather...

We'll be riding in from the Green Man, on the assumption that I remember to bring both of my wheels.

Having sat next to Pat on a very stationary bike last night, I can vouch for the sense in his not venturing outside. To be honest I'm not even sure he should venture far from his bed.

Laters!
Dom

Tony
Should be out - had a route in mind too that didn't involve the Roman Road and the new Shelford path...

You will hate it though.

Tony, does that means your route will be very muddy, or tricky?

I am at Japas. Is that the right place?

Thanks for showing me the way round tonight. I had a great time and appreciate everyone making me feel welcome. Looking forward to doing it again soon!

Pete T
Tony

You will hate it though.

Tony, does that means your route will be very muddy, or tricky?

No, no, no. It will be as dry as a bone.

Tony, have you considered going into politics, being able to lie so blatantly!

Cliff
Thanks for showing me the way round tonight. I had a great time and appreciate everyone making me feel welcome. Looking forward to doing it again soon!

Great to meet you, Cliff. Glad you enjoyed it and looking forward to seeing you again soon. Next time we guarantee it will be 25C and arid. (refer to previous post about lying... )

Dom