Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
eMTB

Hi Everyone,

I hope you don't mind a retailer posting here.
We just wondered if any one or two of you would be interested in trying out a Haibike electric mountain bike on one of your more adventurous rides and review them for your forum.
No cost just some ID and a refundable deposit.

We offer Haibike electric Mountain bikes which you can see here: https://www.electricbikesales.co.uk/HAIBIKE-2016-Electric-Mountain-Bikes

Here's to cycling and never stopping!

Eddie

Re: eMTB

Hi Eddie.

Just emailed you. Yep happy to do this.

Had a go on a full susser with a Bosch motor last year in Derbyshire. Very impressive, but not ready for the easy life yet.
No pain, No gain

Hi,

I tried a Haibike full susser in the demo area of the Cycle Show 2016. I went full throttle right from the start - no point in pussyfooting around - and it was pretty quick. It went round the flat, gravelly chicane like it was on rails.

It wasn't as quick as one of the other ebike hardtails that I tried, but that cornered like a cow.

I'm not quite as old as Paul but I would give it a demo on a proper ride.

Tom

Tom,

Whatever you do, don't go near their website, you'll go mad - the spelling and grammar is bludy orfull!

Richard

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your email. Did you get my reply?

KR
Eddie

Hi Tom,

Just checking you received my email reply.

Can definitely provide you with one to review.

KR
Eddie

Richard
Tom,

Whatever you do, don't go near their website, you'll go mad - the spelling and grammar is bludy orfull!

Richard

Thanks Richard

Please do forgive these errors.
One of our guys has done great work on the website getting products on there and we are getting around to the spelling and grammar in our spare time.
Hopefully the enthusiasm for these great products shines through

If none of you have tried a Haibike before - they are an award winning German MTB manufacturer. They made the first factory built European made eMTBs and now have 80 eMTB models in their range.

They clearly obsess about the rider experience as I'm sure any trial rides will confirm.

http://www.haibike.de/en/Haibike-94,3084.html

Here's to cycling and never stopping!

Eddie