Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thursday - Wilbraham

As mentioned to one or two people last week, I propose a change of venue for tonight. I don't think the Hole in the Wall will be very welcoming inside at this time of year. Suggest we go to the Carpenters Arms at Great Wilbraham instead?

Richard

Re: Thursday - Wilbraham

not going to make it tonight.
i'm working in London and may not make it back in time,
not only that, I wiped out on a corner this morning on my folding bike and i'm taking stock of the injuries before I venture out again.
on the plus side I made it to the train with 1 minute to spare.

Hope to be out. Never been to the Hole in the Wall so don't know how welcoming it may or may not be.

I'll be out. Looking forward to it.

Had an early start this morning, been down to Camden and just got back. Baby sitting tonight (Er outdoors... is...again) so going for a ride in the sun now.
Will try to make it out before christmas

Actually I change my mind. Yes I will be there, may be a few mins late

Adrian

Go on then

Hi all,

I hope to be out tonight. Maybe on the 26-er...

PT

Not out tonight, still getting over post-Mallorca cold. 😕

Alison and I will be doing a Dom and riding in from the Carpenter's Arms in Great Wilbraham - so that had better be where we're drinking! Looks a lovely evening for it. Looks like it will be cooler as the evening wears on. Time to test out my new softshell!

Laters potaters...

Dom

Great ride last night. Alison and I ended up with 29 miles. According to my download this morning, it was freezing (0C) for the last hour of the ride, but I was warm enough and really comfortable in my new softshell with a thin merino baselayer - and I'm not on commission! At 36 quid it seems like an absolute steal. You can get them here

Cliff, they don't even have any tears across the shoulders!

Dom