Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Car assisted ride next Tuesday

So I was wrong, R is away tonight so I'm not out tonight

Next Tuesday!! Has anyone had any ideas for this? If not should I? Is anyone still interested in doing this (I would be)? Is anyone going to answer my post or am I wasting my time?
Mind blowing decisions, causing head on collisions dee dum de dum de dum.

Re: Car assisted ride next Tuesday

Sadly away next week (again). Epping forest can be worth a drive and it's not far.

Is your writing very small or was mine rather loud? Mmmmmmmmm?

Bit Roll Roll up, shall try to whisper next time.

Confusion is setting in.. when viewed on a pc it all looks normal size font, so all good.... well obviously except the content.

Anyway, are you riding or are yer Yella?

I'm planning on riding, anyone have any thoughts on a destination?

Hopefully the typeface is large enough for Duncan to read!

Yep, I am up for somewhere new !

So I take it that's 3 of us? What about a shortish drive to Walden and a circumnavigation of said town?

I may be in Gloucestershire, but if not, I'm up for it - and Alison may be too. Alternative to Walden might be Royston, we've done a couple around there that might be about right here and here.

Dom

How about waldenish area this time & you can lead Royston next time. I suggest 7.30 at the village car park beside the bus stop (opp. the church) near The Pheasant in Great Chishall. GR423 388
25ish miles and maybe a pint in the Pheasant after?

I second Duncan's suggestion of Gt Chishill.

I am going to switch my regular Thurs night ride to a Tues night this week because I am that "fly by the seat of your pants" kind of guy!!

I have space for one more bicycle & will be leaving from Hairy Chinton :)

If one would show up without a car, would they still be permitted to ride their bike with the group?

Bro, you ain't no 1950/60's popular rock 'n roll artist.
ahem
You can ride there if you like... it maybe better for you if you are an inhabitant of a property not too far from The Peasant.

Duncan/Anyone in Combertonland

I've got 4 Thule cycle carriers on the roof of my car - three of these will be free tonight as things stand.

want a lift ?

Norman

Looking a tad moist, even for me, will give it a miss tonight

That is what comes from drinking halves. :-)

Remember rule #9 or if that fails rule #5