Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saturday ride in the Chilterns

A couple of years ago Pasty, Riaan and I did a nice ride in the Chilterns - around Wendover. Some good ups, some nice downs and a great pub lunch. About 25 miles if I remember right. Thinking of going again on 4th June, mainly for the lunch. Anyone interested?

Re: Saturday ride in the Chilterns

mmmmm
Yes, think I am (obviously this will have to be passed by all employees of Syngenta).
Did some riding through this area when I did my longee in March.. really good, even in the hail, sleet & snow.
Do you have a route

Alison and I are doing the Tour of Cambridgeshire the next day, so will probably save our legs! We were there last Saturday, as it happens, and found a really good route. Here's what we did: Ashridge loop. I found it from here - it's the "Sting Bee" Chilterns route.

Dom

I have a route in mind that looks something like this. https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/132692136

If that link works you will see that the route appears to be faster and with more climbing than Dom's. For some reason.

Looks good Mr Boney, Wendover woods are great (although a tad muddy at the beginning of March this year), faster, hillier.. sounds good.
Tea at chequers?

would love to join you, but unfortunately i'm racing at Blenhiem palace that day.
if i survive maybe next time.
thanks for the offer.