Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Red Lion Hinxton tomorrow 17/5/16

Dear all

The plan is to meet at the Red Lion in Hinxton at 7:30 tomorrow evening and ride from there. Possibly followed by a cheeky pint/half/cup of coffee (delete as appropriate Paul and Bobby).

If people are in agreement Thursday's trip to Thetford could be postponed for a week and swapped for next Thursday's destination.

See you tomorrow
Paul

Re: Red Lion Hinxton tomorrow 17/5/16

Thanks Paul, Would be best to get to the pub by 7.15-20 as we will be leaving at 7.30 sharp.

I'll try to get there before 7:30, but we might be leaving at 7:37 sharp if I don't get there any earlier.

I have also only just figured out that we are meant to be riding FROM Hinxton, and given that it will take me longer to get there than to the normal start point I will also be unlikely to arrive before 7:30.

Clair, what time do you plan to leave Fulbourn, if you are going to Red Lion tonight?

I think about 10 past 7, google says 15 mins to get there.
Do you want a lift?

Yes please. I will be at your place by 7. Cheers

OK cool, do you know which is my house?

PS am probably not staying in pub for long as my parents are staying at the moment.

How odd. I would have thought that you would stay in the pub longer if your parents were visiting.

and what a great ride last night was. Thanks to our guide, Duncan, who showed us something different, yet only a few miles from home !

I'm completely knackered this morning, mind you, but in a pleasant kind of way !

Hi Norman,
Glad you enjoyed it!
Yes, had to hunt for my legs this morning then around 10am needed a large roadside egg & bacon baguette to supress my hunger (surly a worthy excuse to indulge in pig).
If anyone fancies a weekend version or similar near or far version of last night but at a more sedate pace I usually go for a bimble on Saturday or Sunday... more the merrier.