Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is it Rampton tonight then?

So, based on previous posts I think the suggestion is for Rampton tonight and move Thetford to next Thursday?

Who's out tonight then?

Richard

Re: Is it Rampton tonight then?

That might suit me - I've been nursing a back twinge all week and don't want to aggravate it before Sunday's trip to Cannock Chase.

Plus it's close to my manor...

PT

I'm up for Rampton tonight. Presumably the Black Horse?

Count me in. It would be a shame for a Northerner not to support one of the few Northern rides

The ride is near my house. Tom, I didn't know you had a manor. Have you moved?

Dom

Boy sitting this eve so not out. Going to ride with me best mate this arvo.

Dom, I just have ideas above my station.

Mind you, have you ever asked me for permission to ride there?

PT

So why are we not going to Thetford as per the runs list or have I lost a week some how?

Well, the week before last the ride was going to be a drive-out and...

Oh, hell, I don't have the energy! Come to the Black Horse and a pint will induce me to tell you the whole sorry story!

Dom

Don't tell me that there has been a non forum conversation going on somewhere else.....we never had this kind of problem when I used to ride with CAM MTB!

Great ride tonight.....I missed not going to Thetford but the pub banter made up for it....even if the pub had run out of draft cider and then only had one bottle of aspalls cider before I ended up on bottled bulmers pear cider....so won't be going back there!
Good to see so many people out....certainly more than posted on the forum!
I guess I've done my annual ride so see you all at the xmas do!

A most enjoyable ride last night but I think there was an imposter in our midst! Someone posing as PeterF was seen drinking half a pint in the pub

Richard