Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fenduro MTB event - 25 september, registration open for CamMTB riders

Hello,

This message is meant for CamMTB riders only really.

Some of you may have heard that I am holding a local MTB event on the 25 of September. It is called the "Fenduro World Series" and is intended to be a fun friendly event that shows the best of our mountainless fenland surroundings. It is very much an anti-race with some timed stages but other randoms such as max distance no-handed, hill climb knock out rounds and so on. I don't know how I will establish the winner at present - It may be a name drawn out of a hat. One thing for sure is that Paul Stafford will be disqualified for some reason.

As it is the first ever Fenduro event I am keeping it limited in terms of numbers and hoping it will mostly be familiar faces (CamMTB) before maybe scaling up in the future so long as it stays true to the mission of having fun, making the most of our barren surroundings and mocking the Enduro scene with all its flourescent radicalness. The only cost will be approx £5 to cover event insurance and a bottle of Ale.

Here is the website www.fenduro.com and here is the sign up page http://www.fenduro.com/p/fenduro-registration.html

I am hoping to be the owner of a house in Waterbeach by then so the idea will be to hold a bbq in the garden at the end of the event.

Hope to see many familiar names on the entry list and at the start line.

Adrian

Re: Fenduro MTB event - 25 september, registration open for CamMTB riders

Great idea! Great name!
I will provide some (decent-ish) prizes of some description.
Only proviso is that they are randomly awarded and not for 'competitive winners'.

Can camping be incorporated too (somehow)?

Please keep me posted by email.

m dot tallack at ntlworld dot com

I'm not on Facebook for reasons made clear by the above...

MT

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the support and glad you like the name :-) contributions would be really appreciated. I will send you an email over the weekend to discuss.

Camping - who knows, if it is needed by a few people then why not? Year 1 is going to quite low key / a learning experience so don't want to throw in too many moving parts.

Hope you will sign up and race yourself. There are a few hidden gems out there on the Fens which should make this a good laugh.

Adrian

Hi Andriano,
Could I suggest adding Gluten (inc. Cyder/red wine) & Lactose free BBQ requirements to your list??

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for the suggestion, but will have to wait and see on that one as don't have the means to cater to all types of intolerance (one pedantic person has even asked for a meat option on the BBQ) However, if it is a deal breaker for you signing up I am sure something can be figured out, but probably best to bring some of your own drink to the start and hand it over, we can make sure it is nice and cool for you at the finish :-)

Adrian

@ Duncan - the word on the street is that you are actually Gluten intolerant, not just difficult :-) If you confirm your attendance via the signup form we can sort something out.

Fantastic

Duncan is lactose intolerant so should be ok with vegan?
Paul L is gluten intolerant.
If I was coming I would bring some nice salads, I am sure some of the others coming could whip something up to help out with the catering?