Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Hare and Hounds, Harlton

so the runs list says "The Hare and Hounds, Harlton" but as i've not made it out for a couple of weeks or three I was just wondering if this is still the destination, it is still the normal start time and place or if anyone has left the country?

if i can scrape the mud off the bike in time and pump the tyres up i will be out for a recovery ride.

Pat

Re: The Hare and Hounds, Harlton

I'll be out too. No need to remove the mud, it adds character.

I have left the country several times since I was last out but keep coming back. Haven't been to California.

I'll be out.

I am planning to ride tonight - weather looks OK too so I may wear my camo helmet, assuming that I can find it, of course.

PT

Yes, looking forward to it

Also planning to ride.

Just Yes

I have been to California twice, but not recently. I haven't really left the country since posting last.

Or been to Norway on a bike tour, if you were wondering.

Forest of Dean's pretty nice on the Solaris though!

Work might prevent me heading out, but if at all possible, I'll try and make it.

@Tom, no helmet no ride!

I'm going to California next week, so i'm planning to ride tonight.

I will also be coming back from said "California" next week, so will probably be riding the week after.

anyone going to California in Little Downham soon ?

See you all tonight

TomR

@Norman: so you'll be missing the wet week next week then. Maybe you should hire yourself one of them spiffy Santa Cruz (or Ibis) steeds they have over there and do a bit of riding!

I'm sure Claire can give you some bike hire contact details if you don't have them already.

I will possibly make it if not see you all at the pub :)

I'll be out too.

Not going to make it, have a good ride!

Been to California thrice, but didn't get as good a tan as I did in Wales in four days.... Beer was nice. Went to Swaffham at the week end, but never been to California cliffs?!?! Oh BUT have been to the Pelican inn
But where is this week?