Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another White Swan - Quy

so it's the second White Swan of the week, anyone planning to ride tonight?

Re: Another White Swan - Quy

Yes, great way to cap off White Swan Week for 2016

From 7pm I am due to be at the Four Went Ways RAB marshalling a Time Trial. From there I hope to road it to the TT's HQ at Westerly Waterless VH for a quick cuppa and cake(s) then over to Quy. I reckon I'll get there for 9:45 pm.

Hopefully I'll not get too soggy....but if the MTB venue changes, please can Pat text me, thanks.

Hope to see you lot later

Off to the peak district tomorrow morning. Don't want to be starting a 3 day weekend in wet shorts.

It's a tad damp at the moment but should be 'dry' later. Plan to be out but no pub tonight as I have a 4 o'clock start tomorrow. Damp shorts or not.

Yep should be out, thunderstorms at 6pm and then cloudy & dry thereafter :)

Yes.

Sensational. Yes

Oh yes !

Yessy McYesFace

geordynige
Yep should be out, thunderstorms at 6pm and then cloudy & dry thereafter :)

Cannot believe I did 47 miles on the roads this evening and stayed dry. Even while standing at the 4WW RAB, those on the east side got wet, we on the west side stayed dry .

Roll on summer

so anyone know if Pete F made it home last night or is he still having a "Lock In" at the White Swan?

Fortunately the landlord had an angle grinder....

Cliff
Yes, great way to cap off White Swan Week for 2016

White Swan Week well and truly capped off with a return visit to the Quy venue on Sunday Lunchtime.

The roast sunday lunch was well worth the ride there

For the patriotic Real Ale fan there was this!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/16730467@N05/27184447384/in/dateposted-public/