Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Over and out

so, it's Over tonight, i guess that means we have a route mister in place.
any one else out for a flatland bimble tonight?

Re: Over and out

English is difficult to understand at the best of times, but when you write in code, I get the feeling that I am not invited. What is "over", are we riding tonight, if so where?

For the benefit of Barry, Over is the village in which I am now sitting, typing this message. There are two drinking holes to choose from once we arrive.

At this juncture, I would like to rule myself out of the running for Conservative Party leader, however, I will be leading the ride this evening unless Michael Gove gets there first.

I have a number of routes in mind and I offer you, the hard-working members of CAMMTB, the clear choice between oblivion and just to the north of it.

See you at 7:30, where I may be seen faffing, but not too much.

Citizen Pasty

Bloody immigrants, can't even speak the language. Thank you for the explanation. I'll be there. Cheers

Sensational! See you there

Barry
English is difficult to understand at the best of times, but when you write in code, I get the feeling that I am not invited. What is "over", are we riding tonight, if so where?

To be fair to you, Barry, when Pat refers to a 'route mister' even those of us fluent in Hillsian get a bit confused. I think he mistyped RouteMaster which of course is the traditional London bus. I assume he's a bit tired after all his triathloning and wants a lift.

Alison and I should be out - weather looks fair to middling.

I'm wondering whether 'the fingers of Paul Lyons are absolutely behind this' decision of Pasty's to offer us a path to oblivion (thank you Laura Keunssberg)...

Hmm. Weather forecast says dry tonight. Not sure I'll know what to do. Will there be nettles?

planning to be out

I was fully expecting the title of this thread to be "Its not over until its Over". However, that has been thrashed to death over the last few years, hence Pat's bit of R/T language is appreciated, by me at least.

Alas, I cant be with you guys tonight(family do ). Hope you all have a great ride and that the weather stays dry.

I'll be there, but might a tiny-weeny bit late.

Norman

Tony - if you like.

Dom - I think Pat was referring to a Route-Meister. Not sure where we'll get one of those, unless Michael Gove, the human emetic, is free.

Citizen P

Not sure I trust Tony's forecast, but I will be out.

I have not a clue what you are all babbling on about but I will be out and may have to meet you guys somewhere as my daughter das a dance performance.

Paul - when you say daughter you mean "you" dont you. ;)

Tom - you are correct about you leading the ride

Tony - guess you are using the BBC weather app too, it says light cloud and sunny spells here in Melbourn......i see rain on the window.

Pete T, thanks for the the appreciation.

Barry, i will try to be more clear in future, but i'm not promicing.

Surely Route-meister is an American German organic beer?
Not out (yet again foiled by others) The prodigal brother and family are over and we have had "The CALL" from Mother HQ in Barrington.