Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
switchbacks Spain

Thinking of booking a XC holiday in Spain and came across these guys: http://switch-backs.com/

I've used a bunch of other companies in Spain before but not this one. Has anyone had any experience with them?

I'm thinking of going mid-September if anyone's interested (just me at the moment).

Cheers,

Nick

Re: switchbacks Spain

I've heard good things about them but can't remember who from!

Hi Nick
Check out 'a quick release holidays' they are based in Luchon in the Pyranees. 3 of us Richard Sloan, Pete Fenton and myself are going there at the end of the September. Great trails, great guides, great food and reasonably priced

Simon

Simon - did you say the 24th Sept?

Hi Nick

Yes we fly out 24th September and return on 1 October

Richard and I are flying out on BA from Heathrow to Toulouse. there is an alternative via gatwick on easyjet.

Simon

Thought so - can't make it then I'm afraid: got a 50th wedding anniversary to go to. Maybe next time?

Simon, did you say "Pyranees"?

I'm sure you meant "Pyrenees". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrenees

(I'm unleashing my inner Pasty.)