Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Local ride tonight- Thurs 11 Aug- Hare and Hounds, Harlton

Will do a normal ride from Brookside tonight for those unable to do the car-assisted thing, if Hare and Hounds is shut tonight would plan to continue to Green Man at Grantchester.

Re: Local ride tonight- Thurs 11 Aug- Hare and Hounds, Harlton

Hope you guys had a good local bimble last night - I was just curious to know if the Hairy Hounds was open?

Hi Pete, yes it was open last night- but not for much longer- closing in October

Thanks Pete. That is a shame, perhaps we didn't visit it enough?

perhaps we needed to increase our chrisp and pork scratching quota too

Perhaps the landlord /lady could have tried being welcoming to punters. It often helps

It disappeared from the Tuesday runs list because it closed at 9. A shame as it was a great venue not so long ago.

I'm a strong believer that 80% of a pubs popularity is down to the landlords/employees personality and ability to make you welcome. 3 Horse shoes, Comberton.... I REST MY CASE.
Pity, maybe we should start a Bring Back Des campaign?
Those we're the days....

More like run it down, change it back to house and build in the car park

Loads of ££££