Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tonights ride choices

Hi Nige Sorry only just got back and had a look at this.

Choices are;-

Crown & Cushion Great Gransden http://www.crownandcushion.com/

OR

The Fox & Duck in Therfield http://www.thefoxandduck.co.uk/

Both rides around 25-27 miles

Any takers or should we follow Pete to a local pub?
(I'm not overly overly bothered as did a 53 miler yesterday eve but would be a pity not to make use of the summer weather)

Re: Tonights ride choices

Hi Duncan,
I would definitely be up for a longer ride while the weather is warm & light. Happy with either venue?

Any other takers?

GN

I'm up for Therfield, as i know where that pub is and it is GOOD!

what will the start time be as i need to get home from Melbourn to pick up my bike and get back past melbourn to get to Therfield.

Pat

Is a prompt 7.30pm start time too late?

Therfields good with me, 7.30 ideally, We've done bits of this before but it is niiiicccceeee!

Hi All. I'll be there for 7:30 pm too. Looks good riding round there

the more the merrier.

i may be a couple of mins late, but i hope not.

Great ride lastnight Duncan, really good route & a cracking pub to finish it off!

Especially liked the van talk in the pub :)

As they say in the Haig.....You just can't have Enough van Talk (best said in a "Come meet the pretty girls" type Dutch accent).