Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thursday 18th

Anyone out? - I think it said Trumpington on the runslist

Re: Thursday 18th

sorry, not tonight, going for a big swim.
may join you at the pub later.

Unfortunately not tonight, see you next week.

Tess and I will be. we are doing a "domtom" - leaving the van halfway between brookside and the pub.

Any thoughts on the route? Now the nights are drawing in, this will be the one of the first times Tess has done offroad in the night. So we may take a less hardcore route as night falls

Adrian

Yep, planning to be out

Planning to ride, can think of some non-hardcore routes

I should be out tonight

I'll be out tonight

Great ride last night - Tess really enjoyed the ride and learning about the origins of Alien corner. Thanks for patience on mechanicals!

Great ride for me to return to after yet another absence.

Mechanicals: No worries, I'm certain you'll be waiting for me one night!

(*sigh* We have to try and be kind to these people who still use inner tubes...)

Riaan, do you have any opinions on whether tubeless or tubes are better? Anyone else got any thoughts? Paul S, I've heard that you have a very slight preference...

Dom

(Oh, was that a touchpaper?)