Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Local (evening) ride tonight (15th)

For those not keen on Thetford BCP and who cannot make Duncan's ride today.

Any takers?

Re: Local (evening) ride tonight (15th)

sorry, i'm on call this week so can't get out and/or be moree than an hour from home or work.
may be out next week if i can keep my pace down before the Fenduro

Hi Peter,
My ride today was skuppered by an emergency call to sort out the mess left by a customers elderly boiler emptying its contents through a kitchen ceiling
Upside doing another boiler change next Thursday
Going to reattempt my "Finchingfield or FU**ED" off road epic on Sunday.
So Yes up for a local ride this evening & if know one else posts by 5.30pm we could meet locally and go further out Gransden or similar way or even meet earlier 6pm?
Alternativly if someone does post before 5.30pm to ride & meet at Brooky.
Whadda you reckon?

Duncan
Hi Peter,
My ride today was skuppered by an emergency call to sort out the mess left by a customers elderly boiler emptying its contents through a kitchen ceiling
Upside doing another boiler change next Thursday
Going to reattempt my "Finchingfield or FU**ED" off road epic on Sunday.
So Yes up for a local ride this evening & if know one else posts by 5.30pm we could meet locally and go further out Gransden or similar way or even meet earlier 6pm?
Alternativly if someone does post before 5.30pm to ride & meet at Brooky.
Whadda you reckon?

Agreed. If no one else posts for this ride by 5:30pm. Duncan and I do a local ride to us - (the Chequers at Gransden seems an attractive destination to me!)

Watch this space

Hi Pete

I'll join you tonight, although I don't want to ruin any special alternative plans you may have. I could probably meet earlier (6:30) in Cambridge if you wanted.

Thanks
Russell

Pete & I will be meeting at the Blue Lion in Hardwick at 6.30pm for a 25ish mile around the back of Gransden etc

Ok, I'll skip tonight as I'm feeling quite tired and expect you'll have a good pace on with just two of you. I'll join a ride starting from Cambridge later in the month.

Cheers
Russell

ok, no probs.

An excellent route as far as I could tell gasping for breath watching Duncan's tail light disappearing into the near distance. With 21 miles up i had to say what's the quickest route to pub? Nice little bit of road dropped us into the Arrington Hardwick Arms. It's pulled itself up a bit since last I was there. Doom bar on tap. Cut through the wimpole hall estate and home via rat farm. Bit foggy though.