Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hairy Hounds tonight

Anyone out tonight? Worth making a trip (IMO) as this fine hostelry is closing its doors on October 28th

Re: Hairy Hounds tonight

Just been informed R is going to be back by 6pm so yes, I'm out.
Hi Pete, Fancy a local ride if know one else posts?

Hi Duncan - if Tuesday night was anything to go by there should be plenty of takers. But if not, yes!

I've just received a free pint offer via email. Hopefully will use it tonight

I bet she'll love beer vouchers instead of cash

I'll be out tonight.

Richard

I should be out.

Don't think Pasty or Cliff are coming. Lightweights.

not going to make it either im afraid.

for some stupid reason i have set a PB in swimming and running this week ahead of the Fenduro and i'm dead on my feet.

also doing my good samaritan job for the day and going to take the piss out of pasty ....i mean drop off a turbo trainer for him to keep some fitness in the coming weeks.

Enjoy the pub, the ride, the company but stay off the floor and trees. you know that Stafford thug lives out that way and may sprinkle some more slippery mud where you least expect it.

Of course part of the problem might be they are not so lightweight...

Not out tonight fettling ahead of the fenduro

Harsh Pat but fair

Yep I have just moved a few jobs round and I will be able to make it, see you all at the start

Finishing in Harston? we can do my favourite route