Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fentastic

Big thanks to Adrian for laying on a great event and arranging the sunshine!

Hope the garden survived the post-event apocalypse, aka the BBQ, and Barry behaved himself!

Looking forward to next year's rerun...

Re: Fentastic

yep, i second that.
especialy loved the mass start "special stage" at the end.
think im going to have to do some training before next year

not sure i needed to be told that there were corners on one stage...oh, i guess i did, i do have form when i put my head down and go for it.

I third that...jolly good.
Pat, my strict training consists of plenty of beer, cafe stops, a pronounced stomach, one gear and having the most feeble looking unsymmetrical birds legs.. could this be where your going wrong?
Saying that I don't train anything like as hard as Stafford, Adriano and a few others who were working out(something) until 10.30 or more last night, showing true commitment to becoming elite athletes.

I fourth it (wasn't aware I had a lithp).

Thankth

MT

Slightly belatedly I fifth it.

I would also like to see a results table taking the third stage into account, especially for those of us capable of listening to instructions.

Thanks Adrian.

Me too, rah rah rah....
Mr D. Cook b.s.c., m.t.b., v.a.n. (Comberton)

Glad you all approved. The next FENduro eFENt is in the works so more fun ahead.

Race report and full "research" outputs will be published on the weekend - have managed to figure out the stage 3 data so those will be included.

But who was the best Paul? may have to wait until the xmas dinner for that one!

FC