Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Xmas Party - Thursday 15th December

Folks,

The Xmas party is now confirmed for Thursday 15th December at The Maypole in Cambridge. Apologies to those who can't make it, or would have preferred the Tuesday night, but the majority requested Thursday.

The cost is £25 each for the 3-course dinner, I'll get the menu options online in due course. I have had to pay a 50% deposit this time to confirm the booking and the remainder is due a week before. So, if you'd like to go (maximum 30 people), you have the following payment options:

1) Pay me £10 deposit now (easier than £12.50) then the remaining £15 a week before
or
2) Pay me £25 in full now.

I will accept cash on any CamMTB ride or if you want to do a direct payment, email me richardjsloan at ntlworld dot com, and I'll let you know my bank details.

You can reply on this thread to let me know you'd like to go but your place is only secure when I've received your deposit. I expect we will be at capacity again this year, so book early to avoid disappointment

Cheers,

Richard

Re: Xmas Party - Thursday 15th December

Thanks Richard. Will drop some cash around for Tess and I this week.

About being on Thursday, I was going to write some daft comment about democracy and the brexit debacle but didn't want to be provocative. So for those who could only make tuesday, we can get our festivities on during the ride on Tuesday with a Christmas theme.

Richard - Email sent.

Cheers
Steve

Yep, count me in Richard :)

Hopefully that should be Mike and myself all paid up now. He should be a little more mobile by then, though still no riding yet for him, so it looks like I will be getting a lift there and back too

I'm having my own works do in Edinburgh that night I'm afraid

Yep, Alison and I are in. As Homer Simpson once said, "Beer!"

what time are we kicking off ?

i've probably got a carol singing thing to attend at school before, which isn't likely to finish until 7pm....

We'll be aiming to sit down around 8pm upstairs. The earlier you get there, the longer you'll have getting p***ed with Paul Stafford. If he is to be believed, he will be knocking back the falling-down water from around 5pm

See you Thursday folks!

Richard