Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Hoops Barton 08-11

Sorry people, I am whimping out again, just starting to get over this cold and its going to be cold and raining all evening, I don't think it would be my wisest decision to go. Will be on the turbo trainer though just to keep things moving ;) Hopefully see you Thursday, have a good evening for those that go :)

Re: The Hoops Barton 08-11

Ok, thanks for that. get well. Otherwise, I am out tonight - who else?

Planning on getting out tonight, rain shouldn't hit till the end of the ride. Not sure if anyone has been to the Hoops recently, it's not as good as it used to be since the new management......just sayin'

I would check "rain today" and the "BBC" forecast. Rain is due in at about 9PM and will not stop all night or tomorrow, its going to be very heavy. I am only going from the forecasts as I am no weather man I wish anyone going the best luck

Yep I am happy to come out. I agree Richard, the Hoops has gone down hill badly. I am happy to change if all agree, propose the Green Man Grantchester ?

Happy with the green man or the White Horse in Barton if we want to stay that way

Not sure gat mo. Still working trying to keep my chilly punters happy by providing a sunshine smile..... and some heat.

we should have gone to the green man, in other news Valerie took my wifes QOM last night!