Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Events Page on Website

OK. I have added an "Events" page to the website to allow us to see whats going on during the year and book time in the diary for events we would like to join. If you would like to propose an event please let me know.

Re: New Events Page on Website

Here are the dates for the MSG xc race series
Sunday 26th February

Sunday 19th March

Sunday 9th April

Sunday 21st May – Regional Champs

Sunday 18th June

Sunday 16th July – Hintlesham, Suffolk

Sunday 20th August – Radical Bikes, Essex

Sunday 17th September – Langdon Hills, Essex

Thanks Paul, that is a great idea!

Cheers

Hi Richard. Are you proposing one or all of these coz if I put the dates of every race in the UK the diary would be a tad full ?

Hi Richard. Are you proposing one or all of these coz if I put the dates of every race in the UK the diary would be a tad full ?

OMM Bike Event (Orienteering - like the BonyTony's Big Adventure, but organised) in Brecon Beacons 29-30 April and again in Yorkshire Dales in 'September' (no date yet).

Gives you plenty of time to avoid being double booked for children's parties or falling off bikes on the busway.

Not that what I say has any weight around these parts - but perhaps keep it to cammtb driven events? Like Tony's big adventure etc. If every possible event goes up, things may become a bit cluttered...If that means removing the turnip and Fenduro - thats cool

Adriano

OK, I can see where this is going and I think Adriano has picked up on this as well.

Diary entries need to be CAMMTB organised events. So, If someone wants to get a CAMMTB team or group together for someone else's event and they are prepared to commit to a date and organise this then this warrants a diary entry as well.

I think to just fill the diary with dates of other peoples events would make the diary a bit crowded and totally overwhelming for people looking.

So, please only give me specific dates of events that you are committed to and organising for CAMMTB folk.

Ta.

Completely agree Adrian, We are a few people who meet for a ride and pint. Anymore organised and we could leave ourselves open to opportunitist parasites.