Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Barton Hoops

Any takers for tonight? Might be a tad nippy.

Re: Barton Hoops

Yep I am up for some frosty fingers :)

Is the Hoops open ??? if not how about a change of venue to the Blue Bal......sorry Green Man Granchester ?

Got an early parents evening but will be out. If the hoops is closed/crap we can go to the white horse.

Paul S (AKA Sliver Surfer)
Yep I am up for some frosty fingers :)

Is the Hoops open ??? if not how about a change of venue to the Blue Bal......sorry Green Man Granchester ?

Google says it's open until 11pm today. It also rates 4.8 out of 5 on Facebook apparently. I suggest we should still give it a try.

I think that is an out of date listing Pete. Their facebook page no longer exists and their phone number is dead.

Hi Paul,

Think you are right, I phoned a fried in the village and he thinks it is closed. The following review sums it up I'm afraid:-

"New tenant apparently. Beer has got bad and landlady, who was drunk, does not being told. The one local there tells me a lot of other locals have started drinking in other pubs"

White Horse or Green Man then.!

Will be out

Not me after all that ! Turns out my road partner is in Scotland and as the Hoops is closed I'm going to do a structured turbo session - have a great ride and hope the Green man is up to it's usually high standard.

Great spot for good beer and a washable floor....turned out to be a bit of a jolley. The Hoops is dead....long live the Hoops.

Hi Paul
In which Barton Hoops thread did you post details of the successful visit? It wasn't this one! Wasn't on that dreadfully faceache thing was it?