Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CAPTION COMPETITION

#1: Other uses for a knackered latex tube # 652: Paul shows Mike how to construct a sling for the inevitable next time;

#2: Paul: "My cock is this long but it looks 10 inches inside this latex tube!"

Re: CAPTION COMPETITION

Pasty always gets the word "cock" in at that table. Not a caption, just a statement

"This is the secret signal of the British Gimp Society"

Latex anyone?

"The girth was that big...phwww, told Elton it would never fit".
Just then a lower leg amputee kneed over Staffys pint.

"This is what happens when you drink as much wine as I do..you end up having some kind of weird claw hand permanently ready to accept another glass of the good stuff. It's not like I have a problem or anything, each tuesday and thursday night I lay off the wine and only drink beer. I just like to shake things up, part of my new edgy persona that challenges perceptions of men in their sixties. For example, on wednesdays I wear women's clothes"

"I always prefer my pickled eggs to be a normal size like this" - "OMG" says Steve as the barmaid brings in the giant pickled egg still in its shell bottom left.

Sheeeeeeet, I've lost me right hand fisting glove, said Ed Winchester.