Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fenduro optimized...

This will be my rig for this year's adfenture. Pirate edition SS 69er plus optimized for Fenduro racing. Thoughts?

FC

photo P3260422_zps5lm9zawl.jpg

Re: Fenduro optimized...

Does the FUCI not require 2 functioning brakes?

Not FUCI (legal reasons) but FART (Fenduro Athlete Razzmatazz Taskforce) reviewed this issue and has as part of policy 17 revision 3 opted to actively encourage one functioning rear brake only on Fenduro specific bikes in order to:

a) Increase awesomeness
b) Induce radical skids (though not in ecologically sensitive areas)

Ja?

Fellow endurBro, that is de dogs, wooow, really interested, could I use one of dese instead of ma van for everyday wark duties?

mmm I feel some commpetitive Fenduro engineering making a show.

Surely you mean Fengineering?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, some orange bale twine and some wood from a broken up pallet, it won't cut the mustard (or oilseed rape for that matter).

Are we going all the way back to the 70's clunkers that started the whole thing?

Sfengali - you may have a point. I sense a fengineering award at this year's Fenduro...All joking aside - for those of you on the fence about plus size (see what I did there) - I think they are perfect for the fens once the surface dries out, lots of float and divot absorption.

Gooseberries