Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
For sale: Image of a painting of an apple

Selling this digital image of a painting of an Apple. I don't own the digital rights to it but feel my curation is worth around one pound.

I would assume that the apple in the painting of which I have an image is in good condition and reasonably ripe. However, there is a risk that a bite has been taken from the side of the apple not visible in the image of the painting. The buyer acknowledges and assumes responsibility of this risk once the transaction is complete.

Serious offers only.

photo d97aa2be26825ece3afa68261248d999_zpslyutqbnl.jpg

Re: For sale: Image of a painting of an apple

Hi Adriano,

What breed of apple is it? Is the attractively signed bit of wood included? Do you have anymore you could let go? Any deals for half a dozen?
P.S. Do you know where to post if one is considering riding? I asked Riaan and he really wasn't sure.

Hi Duncan

Thanks for your interest. I believe it is a Braeburn. Here is a description that may "sweeten the deal"

"It produces a firm, crisp bite and offers a pleasing balance between sweet and tart. Firm to the touch, Braeburns are good for baking as well as eating just as they are"

I don't have any more to sell at present, but I could sell you the same digital image six times for a reduced unit cost of £0.75, creating a total of £4 and an overall saving of £2 versus buying each image through six individual transactions.

Not sure if I can help point to you to the right place for riding related posts. Best ask the forum fairy. However, given their ignorance of numerous requests from established members of the community to revert their "improvements", I am not sure if they are still around....

Thankyou Adriano,
I will ask Rachel if she will will release the funds to allow an apple (6x.75) = £2.30UKEURO$. yes, I have spent many minutes UNPAID trying to improve the forum by strongly suggesting it should be reverted from the unsolicited mess to the previous version, which, IMO & other BROS was perfectly good enough and easy to use.
Seen how it's easter and that...what about £.66 ea I can take the lot?

You've got to be careful with these online purchases.
Have you checked what size this digital image of a painting of an apple is?
There are so many potential variables to consider.

I once bought a notebook online, and not only was it far smaller than I was expecting, it was made out of paper. I ended up keeping it, although it was impossible to charge, and there were lines across the screen.

By the way, does anyone fancy a ride in the Forest of Dean last weekend?
I thought I'd advertise it after the event so you were certain you'd already missed it by the time you came across this post.

Stoopid forum.